10 May 2008

Art Project



I completed an art project! I don't think of myself as very crafty but I'm always wanting to make something great for our place. Last weekend I went to Pier 1 and they had this great metal picture holder. I bought it not really knowing what I could do with it. I decided to buy some wood letters and paint them green and hang with some brown ribbon. I also bought some little wood frames and painted them brown and added the ribbon for decoration. This morning I was taking pictures and felt like the wall was missing something. I remembered I had this picture of Frank and I from when we first starting dating and added that under Grieco. The frame the pictures is in I actually decorated as well. It was something I made back in my nanny days! The leaves on the frame are from Cove Island in Stamford, CT. Right now the little frames are empty but we are going to add some pics of the pups and keep two of them open for pics of Baby G once is born. Anyway I wanted to share my little art project with everyone, I hope you like it!


3 comments:

Kelly and Brittany said...

I'm so proud of your artistic skills! Your project looks great! Just wanted to let you know, I'm going to leave on June 15 for Chicago. I really want to see you guys and Emily does too! I can't wait to see you!

The DeVito's said...

I'm very impressed! I'm SO not crafty! I try to do cute things, but they never turn out the way that I had them pictured. When you get your ultrasound you can put the baby's picture in it. :)

Sandy said...

Love it! I saw that picture holder at Pier 1 too. It seemed to hold so much "hidden potential" but I just couldn't put my finger on what it's "calling" was. you nailed it. It looks adorable! If Pier 1 hadn't gone out of business here I'd go back and buy it now! Looks like we won't be in town the weekend of the reunion. I would love to see you too so if things change I'll let you know!