09 August 2008

Scary Things are Happening

It's possible I just lost my job! The company I work for has had some money problems for a while but we've always been able to make it work. On Thursday about an hour before my shift ended Kathy, our office manager, told me and the other girl who works in the office, Kristin, to pack up and go home. Usually I never mind going home early, but something about the way she told us kind of made me worry a little, not a lot, just a little. Then at around 6 pm she called to tell me to not come into work on Friday and that it's possible that I won't be coming into work next week either (and this is not just for me, but for all employees). I asked if I could pick up my paycheck (Friday was pay day) and she told me that checks weren't being cut - there's no money. To say that I'm a little worried and scared is an understatement. I can't see anything positive coming out of this experience but I have to believe that something will.
On a not so scary note I want to say that I LOVE my childbirth prep classes! Until I started taking the class I can honestly say I did not know much about birth. It feels so good to get a real education on what to expect and to know what options Frank and I have. The past couple of months I have dreaded the part when our son would be born but now I don't dread it at all. I'm still a little scared, but I think that's natural.

2 comments:

Chambers Clan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly and Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.