We had our first ultra sound last Thursday! The visit went well, the doctor says that Baby G looks good! We didn't get to hear the heartbeat, it's still too early, but we did get to see it on the ultrasound. It was a little surreal but exciting. It was really cool at one point we were even able to see the umbilical cord! Everyone at work told me to prepare to cry, but I didn't. I think it's still hasn't really sunk in yet. I know that we're having a baby, but other than being really tired and hungry (or nauseous), I feel "normal." If that makes sense!
We got an ultrasound picture but our scanner is broken so I have to remember to bring the pic to work tomorrow so I can scan it in at work. In one of the books I'm reading they suggest taking a side picture every month to see the progress. So we'll be going that every month and posting for everyone to see! We took our first pic on Sunday, we did it before I ate so it can be more accurate. Frank joked that we should take his side pic every month to see how much he grows during the pregnancy. I thought it would be fun, but he wouldn't let me take the pic, oh well!
We got an ultrasound picture but our scanner is broken so I have to remember to bring the pic to work tomorrow so I can scan it in at work. In one of the books I'm reading they suggest taking a side picture every month to see the progress. So we'll be going that every month and posting for everyone to see! We took our first pic on Sunday, we did it before I ate so it can be more accurate. Frank joked that we should take his side pic every month to see how much he grows during the pregnancy. I thought it would be fun, but he wouldn't let me take the pic, oh well!

The baby is upside down, with one arm on the left and the legs at the top!
Week 9 (pic taken 3.16.08)
4 comments:
Yea! Im so excited for you two! I love that idea of taking pictures every month. I wish I did that! Well, be VERY prepared to cry when you first hear the heartbeat. It is truly amazing! I loved being pregnant and already tell Eric all the time. Enjoy it! I love you guys and can't wait to see you.
Congratulations Laura! This is such exciting news! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl. There are so many unbelievable cute things to buy either way...
Laura Anne! :) I had to say that. Wow, it has been a long time. Thank you for your post on our blog the other day. And Congratulations on the sort of soon to be babe! It sounds like you guys are having fun and enjoying life, except for the dog farts in the face. I wish we had a dog, but we have a cat, who farts like a dog. I better run, but I hope to hear more from you guys! Take care.
Michael & Heather Bush
How fun for you! I highly recommend you read the book The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy and also Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs. It makes you not get so freaked out about everything that happens to your body, because it's a LOT!!
Post a Comment