We had another doctors visit yesterday. I was a little nervous because I knew that we were going to try and hear Baby G's heartbeat. I was nervous because I was thinking there's a possibility that we wouldn't hear anything. The doc said not to worry and then warned me that it might take a second to find the hearbeat since I'm still pretty early. But the second she put the thingy on my belly we heard the heartbeat! It was so loud and strong, and beating so fast. We even got to hear the baby kick! That was exciting. I kept giggling the whole time and Frank was sitting in the chair and kept saying, "wow!" It amazes me that there is this little person inside me. I think we are both still in a state of shock over this whole thing. Before the doctor had come in I was telling Frank that I was reading more of the wives tales on how to determine the sex of the baby and that one of the things I read mentioned that if the hearbeat is less than 140 a minute your more likely having a boy and over 140 a girl. So I asked the doctor what Baby G's heartbeat was at as she told us 150! Frank instantly scowled...lol. We explained to her what I had told Frank and she said it wasn't true, not to much stock in those old wives tales. Then she asked if I had checked the Chinese Birth Chart, to which I told her yes, and that says we are having a girl. She laughed and said, "Then I'm betting you have a girl!" Frank just scowled again...lol, then he said, "Well if it is, it's God's way of assuring we have another child."
Just so everyone knows, if we have a girl, Frank will be delighted. It's just he is the last male in his family and he really wants to be able to carry on the family name. We will probably be taking our next belly pic this weekend. So look for the pics early next week! :)
Have a great weekend everyone! Week 14 (pic taken 4.20.08)
11 April 2008
Happy Friday!
Posted by Grieco Family at 3:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't it amazing to hear the heartbeat!!! I'm so excited for you. I know I'm really hoping the chinese calendar is right, because if it is, we should have a boy. Tell Frank you definitely need more than one child. It would be way to easy with just one!!!
Awww, you look so cute with your little baby bump! I want to be pregnant again!! *sniff *sniff
Post a Comment