On Friday Frank and I attended a breast cancer awareness benifit. One of the ladies I work with, Issie, her daughter, Marina is San Diego's Outstanding Teen, which is part of the Miss America Organization. Marina hosted the "pink tie" event in honor of her grandmother who passed away from breast cancer 7 years ago. There was entertainment and a silent auction. I had never participated in an auction before and that was fun. I was bidding on a scrapbooking basket that was so cool but I kept getting outbid! The other lady had the advantage, her table was right next to the sheet that we wrote the bids on and my table was in another room! She just sat in her chair and as soon as someone bid on the basket she would wait until they walked away from the table and then walk over and raise the bid! Oh well, it wasn't meant to be I guess. I did take my highest bid and donated it to the Susan G Komen Foundation, it's for a great cause. That night Marina was able to present a check to Susan G Komen for $4500! It was definitely a success! Frank and I had so much fun! There was also dancing but Frank doesn't dance, plus by the time the dancing started it was past my bedtime and I was ready to crash!
I would like to ask all women and men, yes men, to give themselves a breast exam after you read this blog. The most important weapon we have in the fight against breast cancer is early detection. Ladies, we should be conducting these exams at once a month.
P.S. I've been tagged by Jess and Kari, I will post my tags sometime this week. I think one blog a day is my limit. :-)
1 comments:
You look beautiful! Love you!
Post a Comment