19 June 2008

Preparing for Baby

Frank and I went grocery shopping the other night and while we were at the store we walked down the aisle that carries all of the baby supplies. Frank and I noticed things were on sale and we were talking about if we should start picking up baby supplies. My questions is: what should we be buying?? Do any mothers have any advice on what we should start buying when we see it on sale? We've already decided that we are going to be getting diapers from Costco ( I love bulk shopping!), but what's good brand of diaper to buy? Help!

5 comments:

The DeVito's said...

I don't have a ton of advice, but the Costco here only sells no-name brand and Huggies brand. I tried the Seventh Generation diapers and really liked them, but now I'm using Huggies (because that's what was at Costco). I wouldn't recommend stocking up on diapers before, because every baby fits differently in the diapers. I would buy small packages of the different brand and try them out first. Good luck! I love shopping for baby stuff. I didn't do anything beforehand though.

Anonymous said...

Huggies all the way! I would buy maybe size 1 at costco, but the newborn size I would just buy smaller packages. You never can guess how long they will stay in the itty bitty ones. I bought in bulk and now I still have teeny newborn diapers. And they are expensive! If you see baby wash, baby lotion, and wipes at a good price then I would buy it!

Kari said...

My favorite lotion is actually the Walmart brand. It's parents choice and it's the bedtime lotion with the purple lid. It's also cheap :) My favorite wipes are also parents choice at Walmart. They are the sensitive real cloth wipes in a blue package with a purple top. They are so soft, I've even used them to clean my face! I usually use huggies for the first little while, and the I switch to the white cloud brand at Walmart because once again, they are a lot cheaper. As you can tell, I am not a brand snob. I was more with Lorin, but not at all with Taigan. I'm all about saving money!!! Hope this helps some.

The DeVito's said...

We are doing well. I'm feeling much better. It took me a good 3 weeks to be able to walk and not feel like my bottom was going to fall out from under me. Nobody ever told me about that part of having a baby! I think it was probably worse for me because of her size.

One thing I forgot to say, if you want to stock up on anything, wipes. You will go through tons! I LOVE the Huggies Cucumber and Green Tea, they smell SO yummy and they sell them at Costco. I hate going to the store, but you can order diapers and everything at www.diapers.com with free shipping!! I'm going to order my next ones from there.

Chambers Clan said...

Hi Laura, I kept thinking after the reunion that I should look you up! I love your blog. I'm so excited for your baby! That trip was so fun. I'm glad you like Logan:) It's always fun to see you. I'm a cheap skate and go with the "Parent's Choice" boxes because when you have 2 kids in diapers that's all I can afford! One essential to get is a Boppy. It makes a great helper for breastfeeding, and a great support for when they learn to sit. Good luck with everything! It's fun to "see" you:)