*Warning - this is a long one*
Frank and I spent this last weekend in Utah and had an awesome time! We flew in Thursday night and met up with Kari and Trevor at baggage claim. It took a while for us to find Kari and Trevor's bag, partly because we were all too busy talking and partly because we didn't know what carousel the bag was coming in on. We got our rental cars (Malibu Mafia coming through!) and made the long drive to Logan at 11:30 that night! When we got to Chambers house to get rested I found out my little shampoo bottle had exploded in flight, that was fun to clean up. The next morning I went to put in my contacts and found then them all curled up in the contact case, turns out that the shampoo got into my contact case and ruined my contacts. Boo! Not a good way to start the day! That morning we had a tee time at Birch Creek for 10:30, Frank and Trevor played while Kari and I drove the golf carts. The baby loved being on the golf course, he kept a movin' the whole time we were there. Kari and I only stayed for the front nine and then went to lunch with her friend, Jen. We went to Village Inn, one of my Logan favorites! After lunch we spent the next two hours getting my contacts replaced, and yes I had to get them replaced, I was in town for my 10 yr reunion, I did not want to go in my glasses! It took so long because my doctor's office in SD was on lunch and then when I did get hold of them they didn't want to fax my perscription because it had expired 6 days ealier! I had to cry to the lady on the phone to convince her to send it over, but hey, it worked and I got my contacts!! :)
Friday afternooon I went to Jess's to finally meet Preston and for her to take some pictures of Frank and I. Thank goodness while I was getting ready Frank had a beer with Eric, it made him loosen up a little and he was such a good sport for the two hours we took pictures! Jess has some of the pics posted on her photo blog site, which I have listed under "Our Favs" if you want to check them out. She did such an amazing job and I love the way the photos came out! She already has such a talent and she just started, I can't wait to see how much better she gets. Saturday morning while Frank did a golf scramble at Logan River with the Chambers and Seamons men (at 7:07 am, Frank NEVER gets up that early!!), Jess and I did more pics. This time we did fun belly pics and then we headed out to Smithfield to take some single pics outside at Mack Park (also posted on JML Photos). There were other people there taking pics as well and both groups would watch what we were doing and when would we leave that area they would come and do the same poses in the same area!! I thought it was funny and Jess just said "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" while she laughed. Saturday night was the actual reunion and it was fun! We had dinnner at American West and while I saw tons of people (about 1/3 of our graduating class showed up), there were some people I would have loved to have seen. Frank, Trevor and Dave (Mel's husband and Kari's brother) were such good sports while we ran around talking to former classmates. We were there so long that we were the last people to leave! After the dinner we went to Charlie's to get shakes and then back to Chambers to sleep. Our flight left Sunday at 10:25 so we had to leave Logan at 7 am. It was so hard to leave, I kept crying, especially when I would look at the mountains. I really love being in Logan and I miss it so much when I'm not there. The only thing that would have made the weekend better is if it was two days longer and we had the pups with us - we missed the pups like crazy!
I wish I had pics to post but I didn't take a single photo! I had my camera with me everywhere I went but didn't ever pull it out. I even put in brand new batteries before we left SD! Oh well :)
16 June 2008
A Weekend in Utah
Posted by Grieco Family at 4:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you had fun at the reunion! I was sad to miss it. Your pictures your sister took are beautiful!
I am so sorry I missed the reunion and getting to go catch up with you! Who knows when you will be in town again, but make sure you let me know you are coming so we can do lunch or something. Oh, I love the pictures of you two...your photographer did a great job!
Post a Comment