12 September 2008

Moving Delay

Good news, we are not moving next month! I was really stressing about trying to find us a place to live and having to worry about packing up the whole place. I kept getting this feeling that I should just speak with the complex manager and let her know our situation. I fought it for a couple of days but on Wednesday I walked to the office. I figured the worst that could happen is they wouldn't be able to help in anyway and I would have to keep searching and packing (well, I hadn't started the packing yet). When I got to speak to the manager I told her about my due date being the day before our lease ending and I was scared that the weekend we chose to move would be the weekend the baby decides to make his big debut. I told her that I had also lost my job this week so we couldn't afford to sign a one month lease (the rent, $2400 for one month, crazy right?) and asked if there was anything she could do to help us out. She asked me when we would like to move out and I just asked if we could have until the end of November. She said no problem, just like that!!! She told me that she totally understood and that having two children herself she couldn't imaging trying to move around a due date or the stress of having to look for a place during the ninth month. So we get to stay for an additional month and a half and we get to pay the same that we are paying now! Talk about a blessing. I was so scared to talk to her thinking that because the management is a big corperation they wouldn't be able to help in anyway. I have never been so glad to have been wrong!
On a quick side note, my due date is four weeks away! I think "Yikes!" and "Whoo hoo!" at the same time. Acutally all I'm hoping for at this point is he comes after October 1st and that he's healthy and takes after Frank and has a little head. :) Which reminds me, I have insurance! Well, kind of. I will have insurance starting October 1 - Frank's insurance is adding me on. Things aren't looking as scary as they were two weeks ago.

3 comments:

The DeVito's said...

I'm not sure if I can post this here, but you might want to really look into Cobra for the interim til you get on Frank's insurance. It's expensive but MUCH cheaper than paying for a baby. Bella's bills were $48,000!!

Grieco Family said...

Unfortunately there is no option for COBRA. I spoke with Anthem (who I had insurance through) and because the group policy no longer exsists then there is no option for anyone to be on COBRA. I thought it was weird but that's what they tell me. I only have two weeks to go until I'm on Frank's insurance and the baby's not due for another 4 weeks.

Anonymous said...

Im so glad that worked out for you! That would have been so stressful. I have your nursing cover ready to go and all packaged up! Email me quick with your address so I can mail it off this week! Love ya!